The Turbomed XTERN AFO is a game changing solution for people affected by foot drop. It fits outside of the shoe to maximise comfort and prevent skin breakdown.
What are the benefits?
- Patients do not require larger footwear
- Conforms to uneven ground and slopes
- Improved sit to stand
- No skin contact with foot or ankle
- Assists dorsiflexors by acting eccentrically and concentrically
- Allows weakened muscles to work
- Improved balance
- Energy return due to patented design
- Can be used in conjunction with heel raises, ankle braces or foot orthoses
How does it work?
- Fits externally to shoe / boot maximising comfort
- Attaches via a lace clip attached to the patients shoe
- Suspends itself on wide heel unit of shoe
- Pretensioned into dorsiflexion
- Stores and releases energy
- Improves dynamic agonist / antagonistic relationship
- Design allows “normalised” ankle function (promoting neuroplasticity)
- Does not interfere with proprioceptive feedback from the sole of the foot
- Can be used in conjunction with ankle braces / insoles
- 100% transferable between shoes / boots / sandals
- Can be used for walking, running, sports and recreational activities
- Highly Durable
- 2-year warranty
- 4 “Kit” sizes available (covering UK shoes sizes 9 child-15 adult)
- Customised manufacture
- Heat adjustable
How much will it cost?
Please email the Osgo team at email@example.com to enquire about pricing.
How do I access this?
Download the new account form, complete and sign and send back to the Osgo team at firstname.lastname@example.org and an account with TalarMade will be set up for you. You can then place an order straight away.